6 strips bacon, sliced
2 chicken breast, sliced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
140 g (5 oz) spinach
1.2 L (5 cups) milk
455 g (1 lb) fettuccine
110 g (1/2 cup) pesto
110 g (1 cup) parmesan cheese
parmesan cheese, for garnish
fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until no pink is showing, then remove the chicken.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
4. When onions are caramelized, add spinach and cook until wilted
5. Add milk and bring to boil.
6. Add fettuccine into boiling mixture and cover.
7. Cook fettuccine on medium heat until milk thickens and pasta is cooked (about 7 minutes).
8. Mix back in the chicken. Stir in the pesto and parmesan.
9. Garnish with parsley and additional parmesan