17 Simple And Lazy Cleaning Hacks That Really Work
Cut a rug, make a list, get ~totes~ organized, and more tips for the lazy or short on time.
1. Use totes to stay on task.
2. Prevent dust before it settles.
3. Get your groove on.
4. Do double duty while cooking.
5. Make a list to keep you motivated.
6. Stave off vacuuming with a carpet sweeper.
7. Or, simply upgrade your vacuum.
"A high-quality vacuum is so worth it compared with the wasted time and frustration that comes from using a crappy one. Also, having a wireless handheld one prompts me to vacuum small things more frequently because I don't have to go through the hassle of lugging out the full size and dealing with the cord if I'm pressed for time." —Anna Rose, Facebook
8. Put everything in its proper place.
9. Simplify your cleaning products.
10. Give yourself a five-minute miracle.
11. In fact, instead of one marathon session, try cleaning a tiny bit every day.
12. Treat yo'self to some grown-up organizational aids.
13. Make. Your. Bed.
14. Get your family and/or roommates in on it, too.
15. Choose your weapons wisely (even if they're not totally conventional).
16. And know that dryer sheets apparently do a lot of things.
17. Though baby wipes are pretty great, too.
Now go forth and make your place sparkle!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.