This Mac And Cheese Bun Burger Is Dangerously Delicious
Don't want none unless you got (mac and cheese) buns, son.
Mac And Cheese Bun Burger
1 pound macaroni
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
8 ounces American cheese, cubed
12 ounces whole milk
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1½ cups all-purpose flour
4 eggs, beaten
1½ cups panko bread crumbs
Vegetable oil, for frying
1½-2 pounds ground beef, formed into hamburger patties
Salt and pepper
Red onion, sliced, to serve
Tomato, sliced, to serve
1. Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain the macaroni in a colander and return to the pot.
2. Add butter, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, American cheese, milk, salt, mustard powder, cayenne, and garlic to the pot. Turn heat up to medium-low and stir until cheeses are melted and all ingredients are well combined.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and pour onto a parchment paper-lined sheet tray. Spread evenly with a spatula, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Once cooled, use a ring mold or rounded container roughly 4-inches in diameter to cut out 6-8 “buns.”
5. Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls. Dip each macaroni bun in flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs, coating evenly.
6. Preheat vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C).
7. Place the macaroni buns gently in oil and fry 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. 8. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
9. Season hamburger patties liberally with salt and pepper. In a cast-iron skillet over high heat, sear patties to desired doneness, flipping halfway through.
10. Place burger between two mac and cheese buns and top with sliced onions and tomatoes.