If You're Feeling Lucky, Here Are 23 Things To Buy On Friday The 13th
If you have paraskevidekatriaphobia, I highly recommend you skip this post and find one about happy little knickknacks. You've been warned.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
In Western superstition, Friday the 13th is considered the most unlucky day on the calendar...and it can creep up on us as often as three times a year. Celebrate right with some spooky, superstitious, and silly products you can pull out every time it comes around again!
1. A canvas piece featuring some less than lucky charms being eaten by a very black cat. But it should all be good... two unluckies can make some luck, right? Right?!
2. A Dammit Doll you'll be glad to have with you when that full harvest moon is out and things start going wacky and wrong. Smack this until the stuffing comes out and you'll feel fine... totally fine.
3. A vertebraecelet — a startling accessory that's only made for folks who really have the spine to stomach all that scary, superstitious stuff.
4. A wall clock sure to delight anyone who feels like there aren't enough hours in the day... until they realize how many hours they're going to get instead.
5. A Good Advice Cupcake shirt you and your friends can wear if you're ready to circle up and celebrate this time right. Spooky accessories are always made sweater with several pentagrams... of sugar.
6. A decorative garland for celebrating with an aesthetic that's rather... sharp. They also fold flat for easy storage, making them super simple to pull out the next time this date comes along and you need a li'l decor for your Friday the 13th movie party.
7. A lucky rabbit's foot print that'll (hopefully) protect you from every rab-bit of bad luck that tries to come your way on this dreadful day!
8. Or an enamel pin if you feel like you're gonna need something on your person at all times to protect every ~hare~ on your head.
9. A pack of temporary Friday the 13th tattoos you can stick on yourself when the $13 flash lines outside your favorite tattoo parlors are all far too long.
10. Or a flash print sheet that'll let you enjoy the traditional "holiday" art without getting your skin anywhere near a needle.
11. A bar of Lady Macbeth's soap – it's gonna be *totally* safe and *certainly* not unlucky to use when you've gotta wash off some darn stains, spills, or spots... as long as you don't dare say "Macbeth" while you use it.
12. A PyroPet for anyone who loves the idea of filling their place with a skele-*ton* of decor on this weirdly fun, but mostly freaky, day.
13. A freestanding blanket ladder that'll be too hard to ever walk under and thus, free of bad luck — a perfect place to hang your cloaks, robes, and lucky horse shoes.
14. A box set of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (with the original artwork by Stephen Gammell) — you can get these out every Friday the 13th and tell the scary stories that are usually saved for October 31st. Why should Halloween have all the (terrifying) fun?
15. A deep black victorian accent mirror for giving your home a glamorously goth look worth staring at often. Unless you walk in one day and find it Baroquen. Then you should walk away. Fast.
16. A reusable balloon that'll help you decorate on this date a ~number~ of times without filling your home with new, frightfully unlucky stuff.
17. A boxset of A Series of Unfortunate Events so you can read about the unluckiest of orphans and find out about their dismal days, perhaps helping you feel a little bit better about your own bad luck.
18. A jar of black salt – it's surely gonna protect you from anything terrible that comes your way, as long as you don't feel ~salty~ about such a superstitious solution.
19. A jointed paper cat for some darling, if unsettling, vintage decor that's easy to store flat and whip out whenever the occasion calls for a little bit of bad luck.
20. Or a devilishly darling enamel pin — a critter you just might consider pining on if you think celebrating this strange day with a statement accessory sounds furociously fun.
21. The Encyclopedia of Superstition, a book you'll devour if you're interested in learning about everything that makes us mere mortals afraid of bumps in the night.
22. An aventurine crystal candle with the actual lucky crystal tucked safely inside — you can light this up and breathe a sigh of relief when you need a break from some bad luck.
23. And of course, a Jason pin for horror enthusiasts who celebrate a different sort of Santa this holiday season.
Looking for more great finds? Check out some of our favorite cheap things to buy on Amazon, some of the weirdest things on Amazon you might actually want, or read through all the rest of our incredible Amazon product recommendations.
Looking for more spooky products? Check out the posts below: