43 Things Under $50 That Just Make Sense
Just a bunch of effective products that'll make you think "huh, that's smart."
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A reusable Revlon oil-absorbing roller stick with a ball made of volcanic stone that sucks the excess shine right off your face. Just pop it out and give it a wash once in a while and you can reuse it over and over and over again!
2. A cat self-grooming toy you can attach right to a corner or wall and make your furry friend think "I'm ~feline~ myself" — and help you have less hair to clean off your clothes...furniture...and everywhere else.
3. A chunky knit satin-lined winter beanie to keep your head toasty warm when the temperatures drop *and* help protect your hair from damage and moisture loss without disrupting your style or curl pattern.
4. A measuring cube with a whopping *19* amounts on it (metric AND US) so you can handle your cookie, banana bread, or cake project without having to wash (or store) so many individual measuring cups and spoons.
5. A portable pack of soap sheets, because when public bathrooms run out of soap (especially in times like ::gestures around::) that is *not* a good feeling.
6. A soft but light infinity scarf with *two* zipper pockets so you can stash away your phone, a credit card, and a lip balm for errand runs when you don't want to schlep a whole purse with you.
7. An OXO dough-rolling bag so the perfect pie crust or pizza base is easier than ever. Just pop in your dough, zip, and roll until it's the right size.
8. A single-handed tape dispenser, because time is dwindling to get all those prezzies wrapped. Just pull the lever to cut the tape!
10. A hexagonal productivity timer so you can break down your work day (or that huge product) into manageable chunks — and take breaks that actually HELP you get things done. Plus it'll look really cool on your desk.
11. An ~enjoy-a-bowl~, a genius two-bowl system for picky dogs and cats. Put their fave food in the lower bowl, the food they need to eat in the upper bowl, and the aroma will waft up and help them enjoy their dinner more!
12. A liquid-free rolling screen cleaner to clean your tablet, phone, laptop, and more back to straight-from-the-box newness. You know when your screen goes dark and you're like "Oh wow, that's a lot of dust and sneeze particles!" That's over now.
13. A pocket-sized, safer-to-use cutting tool for making small jobs (cutting tape, opening boxes) quicker and easier and tough jobs (that clamshell packaging) less frustrating.
14. A Dash toaster with a *see through* window for monitoring the darkness of your Eggo, bagel, or toast. As someone with Very Strong Feelings about the proper toast color, this is a game-changer.
15. An exfoliating bar of soap reviewers with KP (aka keratosis pilaris) swear by to get rid of those tiny red bumps, without slathering on any additional creams or products. It has microbeads (make out of biodegradeable magnesium) to slough off dead skin cells, plus aloe and shea butter for soothing softness.
16. A razor protector (it fits all standard men's and women's razors) to prevent rust and corrosion and keep your blades sharper for longer, so you don't have to waste money on replacements again and again and again.
17. A microfiber towel-material pillowcase with a waterproof lining so you can go to bed with freshly-washed hair without ruining your pillowcase — and so you can sleep comfortably.
18. A smartphone or tablet holder you can attach to your treadmill or exercise bike (or anything with a handlebar!) so you can enjoy some Netflix while on a jog or to use the Peloton app on your decidedly nonPeloton bike.
19. An ingeniously designed olive oil bottle that'll infuse the flavor of whatever herb you want (looking at you, rosemary) and then measure the ideal amount for whatever recipe you're using instead of pouring the bottle it comes in alllll over.. Use it to top salads, simple pasta dishes, or just for dunking hunks of bread for a majorly upgraded dinner game.
20. A *customized* set of ManiMe nail stickers made with a thin, 10-free gel for the easiest way to get an at home manicure, whether you're looking for solid colors or sophisticated or fun nail art.
21. A self-watering, self-aerating planter to keep your thirsty plants happy, *without* worrying about dreaded root rot. Just fill the reservoir and the (patented) hollow legs will draw water up into the soil.
22. A handy-dandy silicone paw cleaner designed to fully (but gently) remove dirt, mud, sand, ice melt and whatever else from your furry friend's feet pronto – and without the hassle of scrubbing or wasting paper towels. Just rinse it out for next time!
23. A ~Multi-tasker~ makeup brush with four tools in one (concealer sponge, blush brush, brow brush, and eyeshadow brush) so you can keep just *one* thing at your desk, in your purse, etc. for touchups throughout the day.
24. A Kiss Instawave automatic curling iron that rotates to create curls or waves in seconds. All you need to do is press the button and watch the magic happen.
25. A pet hair-removing roller with a patented brush design (and *no* adhesive strips to replace) to rid your lovely black sofa of all your furry friend's shedding in a quick roll — so you can get back to cuddling together. Adhesive lint rollers and other devices only WISH they could
26. A Luminoodle — an LED lighting strip you can affix to the back of your TV for a backlighting effect that'll create sharper images, increase color contrast, and reduce eye strain.
27. A pack of waterproof blister bandages that are thick enough to protect and prevent blisters (like moleskin), but also made of hydrocolloid to treat any existing blisters while you wear 'em.
28. A supernova-print sports bra and leggings set with *reflective* stars so you can be easily spotted by cars. Talk about design that ~reaches for the stars~!
29. A two-pack of mint-flavored teeth whitening pens you can just brush on and remove those deep-set coffee, tea, and wine stains — without all the hassle of those trays or strips.
30. A heated seat cushion so you can warm your butt all winter without upgrading to a fancy-schmancy car — it plugs right into your car charger!
31. A three-pack of 14-karat gold-filled magnetic clasp converters to more easily (but still securely) put on and take off your go-to necklaces and bracelets — without having to ask for help.
32. A steam diverter for your pressure cooker to move steam to the side, rather than venting up towards your cabinets. No warped wood here!
33. And a set of two magnetic cheat sheets for making the most of your Instant Pot without having to Google. This is a great way to make bulk-cooking grains for the whole week and making cooking for yourself a little easier!
35. A *filtering* Nalgene water bottle that'll provide great-tasting water on the go, without having to schlep massive packs of the bottled stuff from Costco.
36. A padded sleep mask with lavender and flax seeds inside for a relaxing aromatherapy moment built right in to send you off to slumber. It's like a weighted blanket *for your eyes*.
37. A plastic cutting board that'll fold into a funnel so you can chop your ingredients and scoop them into your recipe in one fluid motion.
38. A roll of screen repairing tape to quickly patch up a hole or tear in your window screen if you're *also* realizing mosquito season is beginning and they're finding their way into your home.
39. A bungee dog leash to keep both you and your eager pupper happier on walks — with no unpleasant jolts for either of you. And the handle is padded for extra comfort.
40. And a window-insulation kit that'll also help keep your heating bills down — no more warmth (and money) going out while the drafts come in.
41. A SockDock, aka a useful tool you can clip dirty socks to (in pairs!), toss the *whole thing* in the washer and dryer, and remove together so NO SOCK gets lost. And you're not stuck searching for a pair when you're already running late.
42. A flat colander that'll fit right into your sink for easy ingredient prep without scraps falling into your drain (and getting all gross). Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away, just sayin'.
43. A fun and functional multitool masquerading as a hair clip. Just use it to pin back those in-your-face locks and take it out whenever you need a ruler, nail file, box opener, screwdriver, or bottle opener (beer me, stat!).
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.