1. First things first, you adhered closely to the law, and wouldn't have dreamed of drinking alcohol before the age of 18.
2. There's a good chance the first time you had a drink was in a park, cunningly hidden behind some bushes away from adult eyes.
3. You had one friend who could actually get served, usually a guy who'd had a growth spurt early and developed a crappy beard.
4. Or there was one specific girl who could always seem to get served, and there was just no logical reason why.
5. If neither of them were around, you had to resort to asking someone's older brother, or, at absolute worst, a stranger to go to the nearest Nisa for you.
6. You still have very strong, and not always positive, memories associated with Strongbow.
7. Especially if it came in a 2-litre plastic bottle.
8. If not Strongbow, maybe Frosty Jack's was your thing.
9. Unless you were very classy, and went with Lambrini, or Caribbean Twist.
10. Eventually, you were convinced you looked 18, and figured out the only shop in the local area that would happily serve your clearly underage self.
11. When you first tried to buy something in a shop, you discovered you had no idea what you were supposed to be drinking, however.
12. Then you found out about a pub that was very lenient on its ID-checking policy, and that was exciting.
13. Though in reality you just found the darkest corner and hid there, hoping no one would suddenly decide to throw you out.
14. This was probably around the time you were drinking some ludicrously, vividly coloured drinks.
15. Which means you also know that WKD Blue stays blue, even when you're puking it up.
16. Then house parties were a thing, so you know the joys of everyone drinking from one massive bowl. Which had everything in it.
17. House parties were also when you first learnt hard lessons about passing out in the wrong places.
18. And then spent the next day desperately trying to hide your crushing hangover from your parents.
19. Then you ended up borrowing someones ID to get into clubs, and desperately memorising their star sign.
20. Or figuring out a weird tactic to get you in, like showing up at 8pm, and waiting around for hours until it actually filled.
21. You probably went through a period of drinking Apple Sourz because you thought it was edgy.
22. You have very strong opinions about the actual rules of Ring of Fire.
24. You still have to fight the urge to order a shot when your order doesn't quite reach the card limit.
25. There's at least one spirit you'll never be able to drink again.
26. You primarily associate Jagerbombs with pain and regret.
Despite feeling hungover just looking at them, you probably would still have one though.