Konrad suggests multiple pairs of jeans as an essential staple of any dude's wardrobe. Of course, not everyone has the means to buy a million pairs of jeans.
You should have:
* a light pair of jeans
* a dark pair of jeans
* If you want to get fancy, you can swap out a dark-blue pair for a black pair
* and if you're feeling extra special, add a white pair of jeans into the mix too.
Beyond jeans, everyone should own:
* a crisp white dress shirt
* a denim button down shirt
* some sort of print like a gingham check or plaid shirt.
* a slim-straight khaki or non-jean pant
Konrad advises that you be selective about your layer pieces. That means that you should try to have a staple navy-blue blazer, and some sort of V-neck sweater or crewneck in your closet, too.
Besides those basics, you can then mix and match and incorporate many trend pieces (like a Hawaiian shirt, or maybe a bowling shirt, for example) into your daily outfits.