25 Things You Need For University That Our Readers Swear Are 100% Worth It
Don't worry, we won't tell mom and dad.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bedside caddy so you don't have to get out of bed to change the channel or read your favorite book.
3. A pair of decorative bookends to keep all those textbooks, notebooks, and magazines mom will send you in one organized place.
5. A pair of headphones to make studying for exams, walking to class, and exercising less chore-like and more fun.
6. A set of food storage containers for saving leftover takeout food, doing weekly meal prep, and shhhh, stealing dining hall food.
11. A drying rack that'll get clothes nice and dry and won't do any of the nasty things dryers sometimes do.
12. A slow cooker if you're allowed to have one. It might just change your life and save you from the yucky dining hall.
14. A Roomba so you don't have to vacuum the crumbs the roommates left on the floor. You're welcome.
15. An Ethernet cable that'll save your life on the day the campus, dorm, or apartment Wi-Fi decides to stop working.
16. A sturdy umbrella, especially useful if you're going to a college in a land far away. I mean, if your school is in a very rainy and windy town.
19. A memory foam mattress topper to provide a better night's sleep and save that back from an uncomfy dorm mattress.
20. A shower caddy might seem simple enough to remember, but plenty of people forget. You're gonna want something to transport your hygiene products.
22. A printer for preventing unnecessary trips to the library printing stations and eating through a print quota.
23. A measuring cup if you plan on trying some new recipes at school or you're too lazy to use a real bowl for dinner after class.
24. A fan so you can avoid overheating and melting in a puddle of sweat. That would probably make your roomie uncomfortable.
25. And lastly, a mini projector to use during movie or Netflix binges with friends. Guess who's about to win the popularity contest with this baby?
You, totally acing university with even just a couple items from this list:
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.