24 Useful Things For The Areas In Your Home You Never Knew You Needed To Clean
Wait, there's something I can use to actually clean under my fridge?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Keurig cleaning cups if you're someone like me who didn't realize a coffeemaker needed to be descaled — turns out, it DOES. Just pop in one of the pods as you would a coffee cup, and proceed to be amazed (read: horrified) at the amount of residue that trickles into your cup of joe.
2. A two-in-one keyboard and screen cleaner because that snack you eat every single day while you work definitely leaves some crumbs in your laptop — and it's finally time to take care of it.
3. A grout pen if your tiles have become so unsightly you've forgotten what color the lines are that's separating them. (Spoiler: they're white!) You'll feel instantly gratified with how well this brightens up floors in your bathroom, backsplashes in the kitchen, or literally wherever tiles live in your home.
4. A drain snake to avoid a call to your plumber and ~satisfyingly~ clean out the creatures you never knew existed in your bathroom pipes.
5. A garbage disposal brush if your kitchen sink is the #1 contributor to that kitchen stank you've been catching whiffs of. This 11-inch brush gets in the hard-to-reach channel so you don't have to deal with capturing all the nasty caked on food (and whatever else is down there) with your own hands.
6. And foaming tablets if your garbage disposal really hasn't been tended to, like, ever. These will do the trick to deeply cleanse the underside of the splashguard and the interior side walls.
7. A complete cooktop cleaning kit to finally get rid of those dried-on grease stains from the Bolognese sauce that overflowed two months ago.
8. Affresh dishwasher tablets if you've never thought to clean the appliance that does your least favorite chore for you. These dissolve residue buildup and blast away foul odors to get your machine cleaning dishes like it used to.
9. And some for your washing machine, because laundry day doesn't have to stink. These fast-acting tablets eradicate funky smells and nasty buildup from the edges of the drum in just a couple of cycles.
10. A vent cleaning system that will have you exclaiming "Holy lint balls!" once you discover how necessary it is to do periodic maintenance on your dryer. This system effectively eliminates buildup that can lead to long-term damage.
11. A fume-free oven cleaning spray because, let's face it, you haven't even thought about giving this a scrub-down since you moved into your apartment two years ago. But we won't tell — with this treatment, you can erase years of neglect overnight!
12. A hard water stain-remover that does all the hard work for you when it comes to making areas around your home, especially in your bathroom, clear and shiny enough to see your own reflection!
13. An Angry Microwave Mama to come to your rescue after the many meals that have splattered all over your microwave. Just fill it up with vinegar, water, and lemon juice and let her unleash her steam on your messes!
14. Blind dusters with microfiber sleeves because, sure, having your windows dressed with decorative blinds is nice, but did you know that area is a total magnet for dust bunnies?!
15. A flexible sweeper so that you can finally reach down to clean under your fridge and low-profile sofa. Hey, you may even find that five-dollar bill you never knew went missing!
16. A miraculous pumice stone to restore your hope if you thought deep cleaning your stained toilet was a lost cause. Simply wet the stone, gently scrub, and gross rings of horror, be gone!
17. A wood repair kit that will revive furniture and fixtures you thought were beyond help. These handy little markers perfectly touch up pet scratches and shoe scuffs that have gone untreated to reveal wood that looks brand spankin' new.
18. An expandable shelf organizer to clean the clutter in that cupboard that's overrun with pots, pans, and whatever else you've managed to stuff in there. Because who wouldn't want a Marie Kondo'd cabinet?!
19. A convenient cable management sleeve if you've ever feared the forest of wires beneath your desk. This zippable cover conceals unsightly cables (and transforms areas where you'd usually keep a lot of electronics!) for a less hazardous home environment.
20. A carpet cleaner to reverse years of sticky soda spills, pet stains, and shoe markings. This hoover even comes with a cleaning solution to tackle tough messes and leave your carpet totally clear from discolorations.
21. Bar Keepers Friend cleanser for the pots and pans that have been passed down to you since college and have 10+ years of grime caked onto them. This stuff is no joke and will get to work on burned-on stains in just under 20 minutes!
22. A mattress vacuum cleaner because you'd be surprised (and potentially grossed out) at what else you'll find has been sleeping in your bed with you. It's particularly great for capturing allergy-causing dust mites!
23. Microfiber glass-cleaning cloths that will dust down tricky light fixtures and make your home *glow* once again. And these won't leave fibers behind — for a truly streak-free clean!
24. And Mrs. Meyer's multi-surface everyday cleaner for the dish drying rack you 100% didn't realize needed to be periodically cleaned....until now.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.