20 Things That May Be Exactly What You Need For Some Peace And Quiet
None of which involve leaving the country.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A white-noise sound machine with 20 settings to ensure you get a good night's sleep even when your upstairs neighbors decide to do some late-night furniture rearranging.
2. A pack of super effective ear plugs for those mornings when the garbage truck swings by your window 30 minutes before you planned on getting out of bed.
3. A pack of heavy-duty anti-vibration pads to stick under your washer if, unlike a baby, you are not lulled to sleep by the sound of a skidding machine.
4. A pair of Anker Soundcore Spaces active noise cancelling headphones that'll block out the stresses of a subway commute or help you get in the zone during your morning gym visit.
5. A sheet of stick-on sound dampeners so you don't have to worry about being woken up by your roommates scouring the cabinets for a midnight snack.
6. A window-mounted cat bed that can support up to 50 pounds of feline weight, because maybe getting some peace and quiet for you means getting your pets out of your bed.
7. Some blackout curtains that, in addition to giving you privacy and shade, will also dampen sound.
8. A massage ball that'll help you destress after work. (Just a tad cheaper than booking massage appointments every day, I'd say.)
9. A "sleep pod" if you want to be swaddled like a baby — this thing stretches perfectly around your body to help reduce stress and, in turn, give you a better night's sleep.
10. A comforter with temperature-regulating hygrocotton that'll keep you cool in summer and warm in winter so you never miss a wink of sleep due to being uncomfortable.
11. And a matching pillow so you don't have to keep flipping your pillow over to find the cooler side.
14. A luxurious foam spa pillow with seven suction cups that cling to your tub to give your shoulders and neck some much-needed orthopedic support when you're kicking back.
15. A pack of disposable gas neutralizers — pads that literally absorb fart stench — so you can have some peace knowing you won't sour the mood and air. As for sound muffling? You're on your own.
16. A wake-up light that simulates a sunrise to help you wake up gradually and peacefully instead of in a jarring fashion.
18. A weighted blanket that reviewers with stress and anxiety claim has helped them to finally get a good night's rest.
19. A soothing home spray blended with bergamot, thyme, eucalyptus, lavender, and ylang ylang to freshen up your linens.
20. And a stylish macrame hammock swing that'll be your new favorite spot to curl up in with a good book.
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.