20 Products For When You Really Need To Focus
How long did it take me to complete this list? I plead the fifth.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A wedge to place under your wobbly desk or chair — because there's no chance in hell you're getting anything done until that wobble is gone.
2. A "cellphone jail" — complete with a hinging door and little padlock — so you can be sure you won't get sucked back into your group text.
3. A pair of Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2s active noise cancelling headphones to block out your desk neighbor's very loud chewing.
4. Or, a pair of Beats Solo 3s, which don't have ANC (but cancel out just enough) so you're prepared to answer their questions without having to physically remove the cans from your ears each time.
5. A pack of comfy, contoured ear plugs if, actually, music is the opposite of what you need to get your tasks done.
6. A pair of blue light glasses to take the strain off your eyes as they peer into the abyss of your GCal all day.
7. A mousepad weekly planner that simply won't allow you to forget what you're trying to accomplish.
8. A customizable privacy panel, because there are many perks to an open floor plan — but your manager's ability to keep tabs on you at all times is not among them.
9. An adjustable standing desk if being hunched over your laptop all day does not bode well for actually staying awake.
10. A temperature-controlled smart mug so you don't have to keep getting up in the middle of your work to reheat your beverage.
11. A pack of Matcha green tea powder that'll give you an energy boost without the crash you get with coffee.
12. Or, a pack of energizing mints that won't require any prep time — pop one of these bad boys in your mouth and you'll have all the B12 (energy) and minty breath to conquer the rest of your workload.
13. A desk blanket, because it's hard to get much of anything done when your office is cranking that AC like there's no tomorrow.
15. A gel-enhanced seat cushion to give you the proper back support you need so that nothing — certainly not tailbone pain — can take your eyes off the prize.
16. A privacy screen for your computer that'll prevent your neighbor from monitoring exactly how many minutes you've wasted scrolling through Twitter.
17. A mat if you have a private office (congrats) and at least one pesky coworker who insists on walking into the room behind you unannounced.
18. An essential oil diffuser that'll almost? cover up the smell of your coworker's tuna sandwich (while adding some moisture to your dry office).
19. A pair of charcoal air purifying bags if you know yourself well enough to know that you won't be getting work done if you catch a whiff of your dank shoes.
20. And a monitor document clip so you can have an in-your-face reminder of what you need to get done.
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.