Servings: 2 quesadillas
½ pound chicken breast, cut into thin strips
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ tablespoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup green/red/yellow bell pepper, julienned
½ cup white onion, julienned
2 large flour tortillas
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (double for 2 quesadillas)
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (double for 2 quesadillas)
1. In a large skillet, coat chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and garlic powder. Cook 5-7 minutes.
2. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until they are soft. Remove chicken, onions and peppers from the pan and set aside.
3. Place the tortilla in the skillet and add a layer of cheese on half of the tortilla.
4. Add cooked chicken, peppers and onions. Top with more cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
5. Cook for 6 minutes over medium heat, flipping half way.
6. Serve with pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream on the side & enjoy!