31 Home Items From Walmart That Basically Pay For Themselves Over Time
Your future self will thank you for making these money-saving purchases.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The all-mighty air fryer poised to become your favorite kitchen gadget because it can cook practically any food to crispy perfection with very little oil. You'll find yourself making your own delicious fries instead of ordering expensive takeout.
2. A Wonder Hanger organizer to maximize the storage space in your closet by creating more room to hang up your favorite clothes. Now you can stop looking for a more expensive apartment with bigger closets!
3. A Magic Bullet mini-blender that can whip up homemade smoothies, salsas, or sauces in a few seconds flat. You'll never want to buy that store-bought stuff again.
4. An under-bed shoe bag to protect your shoes from damage and dust, thus prolonging the life of your favorite heels.
5. A smart TV equipped with Roku so you can finally cut that cable cord and easily access all of your favorite streaming services, getting your full money's worth out of them.
6. A double-hanging garment rack that's the perfect solution for anyone with a tiny closet. This way, you'll actually see all of your nicer clothes and wear them enough to get your money's worth.
7. A slim Keurig single-serve coffee maker so you can kick your daily habit of going out and buying an overpriced latte.
8. A popcorn maker that just uses air to cook up your popcorn on movie night. Plus: it's so much more cost-efficient to buy a big bag of kernels to use with this instead of buying those microwave bags.
9. A garment steamer that easily gets rid of wrinkles in your clothes and is also said to kill more than 99% of germs and bacteria with the steam. Think of all the money you'll save on dry-cleaning with the help of this lil' guy!
10. A robot vacuum because all you have to do is touch one button and watch while it vacuums for you. If that's not a smart investment in saving yourself both time *and* money, I don't know what is.
11. Or this handheld cordless vacuum for cleaning up all those hard-to-reach corners in your house or car. With an extra-large dust bin and a long battery life, it's such a phenomenal vacuum you won't need to buy another for years!
12. A set of food storage containers because it's time you stopped wasting money on single-use plastic zip bags and invested in something durable that will last for years.
13. An office chair with lumbar support to keep your back protected and feeling good, even after a 12-hour WFH day. Nobody's got time to go to the chiropractor these days!
14. An electric wine opener so you can stop breaking corks with a flimsy corkscrew and sacrificing unsuspecting bottles of wine. You just want to get what you paid for, for goodness' sake!
15. A BISSELL SpotClean carpet cleaner that lifts set-in stains like food spills and pet accidents with ease. You'll essentially get a professional carpet cleaning at a fraction of the cost.
16. A knife sharpener so you can keep your knives as razor-sharp as the day you bought them even after years of chopping.
17. A bottle of Old English scratch cover that restores damaged floors and hides scratches and nicks in kitchen cabinets and furniture, prolonging their life so you won't have to replace them.
18. A package of weather stripping seal to keep your house protected from chilly drafts in the winter. It'll keep heat in and your electric bill low.
19. A white noise machine that'll drown out the sounds of rowdy neighbors or loud construction so you can finally get a good night's sleep — a feat that is truly priceless.
20. A drain snake to get all those hair clogs out of your bathroom sink and bathtub drain yourself instead of having to call the plumber.
21. A brown sugar container that has a terra cotta ring in it to prevent your brown sugar from clumping up and becoming hard as a rock.
22. A sofa slipcover to give new life to an ugly hand-me-down couch without having to reupholster it. It's also machine-washable, so you can easily remove it and throw it in the laundry machine if anyone spills.
23. A cast-iron skillet that's so versatile, you might as well store it on your stove top because you're going to use it every day to sauté, bake, broil, fry, or grill.
24. A bidet attachment to get your hiney super clean, no toilet paper required. Hey, if it works for the Europeans, we might as well give it a try!
25. A mini projector that'll make you feel like you're at the movie theater without leaving your house. You can even use this outside for an under-the-stars viewing experience.
26. A water flosser to clean out all those hard-to-reach nooks and crannies in your teeth, to spare you future fillings on cavities. Your dentist will be so impressed with how healthy your mouth looks on your next visit.
27. A mini portable washing machine that will be a lifesaver for anyone living in a tiny apartment with no in-unit machines. With this, annoying trips to and from the laundromat can be a thing of the past.
28. A gel memory foam hybrid mattress to make you feel like you're sleeping on clouds. It'll also provide better support for any aching joints or bad backs, which may save you more than a few trips to the doctor.
29. A set of wool dryer balls that's an all-natural alternative to costly dryer sheets and can reduce static and wrinkles for more than 1,000 loads.
30. A compact air purifier to catch all those dust particles that float around your house and make you sneeze. Anyone with allergies or asthma will greatly benefit from this since it'll keep you healthier and away from expensive doctor's visits.
31. And finally, a countertop ice maker because buying bags of ice every few days is not only expensive, it's just annoying! And heavy!
You, enjoying all that money you've saved thanks to these products:
Hey Walmart shoppers! Don’t miss out on Walmart+, a different kind of membership with benefits that help you save time and money, including free unlimited delivery (even same-day), mobile scan-and-go, *and* member prices on fuel!