This Recipe For Bacon Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels Is Totally What You Need
Can you say that three times fast?
Bacon Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels
Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
5 strips bacon
1 onion, chopped
8 jalapeños, chopped and seeded
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1½ cups sharp cheddar (plus extra for topping)
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 sheet puff pastry, room temperature
Flour for rolling dough
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a pan, cook bacon until crisp, then chop into small pieces.
3. Discard excess fat (reserve approximately 2 tablespoons).
4. In the same pan, sauté the onions in the reserved fat until they start to become translucent, then add the jalapeños. Cook until the onions start to caramelize and remove from heat.
5. In a large bowl, combine the jalapeño mixture, bacon, cream cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and cheddar. Stir until thoroughly incorporated.
6. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out the puff pastry until the surface is smooth and even.
7. Spread the japapeño mixture on the pastry sheet, stopping 1 inch from the top of the dough.
8. Starting at the bottom, tightly roll upwards and pinch the top edge to seal into a log shape.
9. Cut the roll every 1½ inches. Place the pieces face-up, 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
10. Sprinkle the tops of the pastries with cheddar.
11. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sides of the pastries are a light golden color.
12. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.