35 Expensive-Looking Products That Aren't Actually Expensive
Hear ye: Breakfast is only being served on fancy trays from now on.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A geometric tray with four interchangeable and stackable pieces that look like they were sourced from a modern art museum. Plus, these gorgeous pieces of art (ART, I tell ya) are perfect for everything from jewelry storage to breakfast in bed.
2. Faux marble granite adhesive that is waterproof, stain-resistant, and a foolproof way to spruce up an old piece of furniture. This is an easy way to fancy up your home, plus it allows you to keep and revamp pieces you love (but are in dire need of TLC).
3. Egyptology: Search for the Tomb of Osiris, a stunning book designed with illustrated graphs and "hidden" treasures — think a scrap of replica mummy cloth and a how-to guide on reading simply hieroglyphics.
4. A Jane Austen planter pot that would make any bibliophile shed tears of joy regardless of their pride (and prejudice). If they love books but hate greenery, they can use this to store makeup, dish sponges, keys, and more. The possibilities are endless.
5. A satin set aka this is the embodiment of luxe loungewear. Wearing this around your apartment takes mundane activities (hello, mindless Instagram scrolling) and makes it feel like an event.
6. A multipurpose glass kitchen board that adds a ton of style, but does *not* take up a lot of space. This functions as a trivet for hot pots and plates, makes for the ideal cutting board, and is the perfect way to display fruits, meats, and cheeses. Talk about a gouda gift, eh?
7. A marble organizer to make hand-me-down utensils and old school supplies look luxe. For everything from kitchens to home offices, this functional piece is the perfect way to ~dress up~ your space.
8. Sterling silver cubic zirconia studs that look like they would run you about trillion bucks, but no — they actually cost very little and even my humble savings account wouldn't be bothered by the purchase.
9. A Bodum pour over coffee maker here to turn you into a complete caffeine snob. This heat-resistant borosilicate glass carafe is designed with a permanent filter that makes a smooth serving of Joe, is dishwasher-safe, and can make up to eight cups at a time.
10. A faux suede mini skirt serving Big Fall Energy. Your outfit will have basically attained Pinterest level of perfection — just add some boots and a bodysuit. Glass of apple cider in hand is optional but highly encouraged.
11. A chunky chain bracelet you'll find yourself reaching for on the daily. If you're looking for a pièce de résistance to complement pretty much every piece of clothing you own, then this is IT.
12. A create-a-set book collection consisting of weathered and used copies you can amass according to color scheme, therefore turning your shelves into a sea of thoughtfully curated books that you *wink* came up with all by yourself.
13. e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer blurs pores, mattifies excess oil, and offers light coverage with one swipe! It wears well under foundation, plus is great to slather on when you're pressed for time but want a bright, dewy complexion. This is widely considered an A+ dupe for more expensive primers on the market.
14. A copy of The Art of Mixology: Classic Cocktails and Curious Concoctions that is the epitome of the ideal coffee table book. Aesthetics aside (yes I do judge books by their cover), these pages are packed with awesome recipes you'll want to attempt yourself.
15. Gold-plated padlock dangles about to ~lock~ in the title of your new favorite earrings. They're dainty enough that they go with everything in your closet *but* are a bit more daring than your average studs.
16. Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask contains an impressive blend of lactic acid and hardened volcanic lava from Jeju Island. If your skin feels greasy enough to fry an egg, this deep-cleansing treatment is fantastic at drawing up excess sebum *and* keeping it under control.
17. A vanity mirror that functions as both a gorgeous piece of decor and the perfect makeup tool. Get ready to feel like straight royalty every time you swipe on your $4 drugstore lipstick whilst staring back at your reflection.
18. A gorgeous velvet wrap dress I. Can't. Stop. Staring. At. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that this is what Shakespeare would consider love at first sight.
19. A resin hexagon coaster capable of taking your breath away with every slam of a coffee mug. Who knew protecting the surface of your Ikea table could be so, well, pretty?
20. A buildable L'Oreal waterproof mascara that not only adds volume and length to your lashes, but it also does the unthinkable — and by unthinkable, I mean it won't smudge by mid-afternoon and create the dreaded ~panda eye~ effect. Like, I already have dark circles. I don't need mascara to enhance them.
21. Seamed ponte knit leggings to end your quest for the perfect leggings. This is it, kiddos. These are designed with two functioning back pockets, they're super high-rise (no underwear appearances), plus they're available in short, regular, and long lengths.
22. A 60-sheet customized journal that looks super expensive and thoughtful, but in reality costs less than a New York City lunch. Luxe items + an affordable price tag = a very happy me.
23. Reflective sunglasses with a vintage-inspired cateye design here to fool random onlookers into thinking that your closet is packed with designer duds. In other words, these are some serious high fashion.
24. A macrame mirror perfect for every nook and cranny in your abode. Hanging this will suddenly make it look as if you've been featured on an HGTV renovation show or, at the very least, hired an interior decorator.
25. A clear water bottle so sleek, every sip will feel like a total luxury. This even has time markers that act as a subtle reminder to stay hydrated throughout the day — we love a schedule.
26. Tiered chandelier earrings that have the witchy ability to turn unintentionally ripped jeans and a wrinkled white tee into an ensemble suitable for champagne and caviar feasts.
27. A Lodge pre-seasoned cast-iron skillet with the uncanny ability to sauté, sear, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill any meal to perfection. Want a solid kitchen investment? Look no further than this beauty, which is perfect for almost every meal you'll want to whip up — we're talking breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
28. A Sephora Collection palette you'll surely *ahem* love a latte. Each pigmented hue is inspired by coffee, which means these six shades will provide all the warm neutral and smoky brown options your daily eyeshadow look could want.
29. Hair extensions so fantastic, they've earned over 10,000 positive reviews! These realistic clip-ins are easy to snap in (we're talking mere seconds of effort) and add immediate volume and length to your mane, meaning you won't have to curse the day you went in for a "trim" and left the salon with hair way shorter than you expected.
30. An Anker wireless charger that one assumes could cost upwards of several trillion dollars, but is surprisingly less than $10. This gives battery power/life to your device (think everything from AirPods to Galaxy phones) and even works through tough external cases!
31. A ColourPop matte lipstick sent from heaven to be delivered into the paws of makeup newbies. On top of being super affordable, this pencil-like tube design allows for precise (and easy) application: use the pointed edge as a liner, use the rounded side to fill everything in.
32. An unlined floral lace bra about to become the pride of your intimates drawer. Gorgeous aesthetics aside, this is equipped with a U-shaped back, soft straps, and lightweight support for a "barely there but still there" feeling.
33. A Lily England rose gold hair brush cleverly designed with an ergonomic handle (READ: no more tired wrists) and gentle flexible bristles that glide through any hair type whether wet or dry, ridding your mane of knots with no painful tugging necessary.
34. A NYX liquid eyeliner if you're tired of your liquid liner fading before your second cup of coffee (#rude). This stuff seriously will not budge, plus the skinny felt tip makes cat eye precision a breeze. Who needs to reapply after lunch today? Not you.
35. COSRX One Step Original Clear Pad come pre-soaked with willow bark water and BHA, a chemical exfoliant that exfoliates dead skin cells and clears clogged pores. Each cotton pad has a: an embossed side for exfoliation and managing oil and b: a soft side to soothe irritation.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.