455 g (1 lb) ground beef
1/2 yellow onion, diced
10 g (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
30 g (1/4 cup) bread crumb
2 garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
18 slices bacon
50 g (1/4 cup) barbecue sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper until combined. Set aside.
3. Line two empty ice trays with bacon, overlapping each piece to cover the tray completely.
4. Press the bacon down into each round with two fingers.
5. Spoon some of the meatball mixture into each round and press down to smooth. Make sure to pack the meat down to touch the bottom of the ice tray.
6. Fold the edges of the bacon on top of the ice tray.
7. Flip the ice tray over onto a baking sheet and carefully lift the ice cube tray off of the meatballs.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bacon is just brown.
9. Brush the meatballs with barbecue sauce and bake for 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and meatballs are cooked through.
10. Transfer the meatball sheet to a cutting board and cut the bacon to create single meatballs.
11. Place a toothpick in each meatball.