20 Things That'll Make You Feel Right At Home When You're Traveling
There really is no place like home.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A packable hanging shelf so you can stop living out of your suitcase and actually settle into your temporary abode. Now it's like you actually live there!
2. A sloth heating pad to soothe you when you're feeling a bit stressed or maybe have a sour stomach or cramps.
4. A set of resistance bands that'll keep you feeling like your fit self when you're far from your gym and your normal routine.
5. A Homesick candle to remind you of home sweet home even if you're across the country (or on another continent).
6. A face mask so you can get rid of dirt and impurities after a long day of sightseeing or meetings and get back to feeling like your fresh-faced self.
7. A pair of fuzzy socks to have you feeling super cozy when you're in an unfamiliar place and just want to curl up and snuggle.
8. A mini knitting and crocheting tote bag for those who feel most at home while creating a beautiful scarf, hat, or pair of gloves.
9. A gold locket so you'll always have a photo of your loved ones close to your heart no matter where you are in the world.
10. An espresso machine any and every caffeine lover can appreciate when they no longer have to worry about getting their daily intake while exploring the wilderness.
11. A Kindle ideal for those who want to continue their great read while out and about. Just because you're traveling doesn't mean you have to abandon your most beloved hobby!
12. A lavender and chamomile essential oil spray that'll coat your hotel pillow in a calming aroma so you can actually fall asleep easily in your new surroundings.
13. A personalized luggage cover so your suitcase will be easy to spot on the dreaded baggage carousel, which means you can get home faster. Use your pet's face for a heartfelt "awwwww" when you go to collect it.
14. A pair of noise-cancelling headphones because sometimes you just need to drown out the world and center yourself by listening to your favorite tunes while on public transportation.
15. A snack pack you absolutely swear can make you feel like you're sitting in your own kitchen munching away rather than a terminal waiting area. Plus bringing snacks that are part of your normal diet will help you feel more balanced when trying new foods.
16. A Sriracha bottle for your keychain so you can walk around and proudly announce, "I got hot sauce in my bag, swag" to make Queen B proud. It'll also allow you to add a bit of home-style ~heat~ to whatever you're eating in the airport.
17. A seat belt animal pillow that'll help calm fussy kids, store their snacks, and can also be taken on buses, trains, and planes!
18. A Carry-On Cocktail Kit because sometimes you need to distract yourself and think of your favorite dive bar back home where all your besties convene for happy hour.
19. A trusted flannel pillowcase to replace whatever you've got going on in your *hotel, motel, holiday inn* room. Goodbye, germs!!
20. And finally, an incredibly soft pair of fleece pajamas so you can end each day curled up in a ball of fluffy heaven. You may not be in your bed, but at least you've got these pajamas to lull you to sleep.
Now all you gotta do is pack. Good luck!
Looking to travel the world? Check out these articles:
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.